Sunday, January 27, 2013

HEADBOARD REDO


Hey guys.....So today I decided to use my Sunday to complete my daughters head board...FINALLY and She loves it....YAYYYY for me Right? However the color we got from Lowe's didn't come out to look like we thought it would ...The swatch was a hot pink color...but after it was mixed it looked totally different..and at first she DID NOT LIKE IT ALL...I had to convince her to trust me and my idea. She fell in love with the color of the curtains in her room and expected the paint color to be the same color....But she trusted her mommy and My idea and now she LOVES THE FINISH product. We have decided to take down those curtains and I am going to make her some...her room theme is ROYAL, GLAM, BLING, GIRLY all of that....so I hope you enjoy the photos...

This is what it use to look like.......REMEMBER THAT  EYE SOAR
I began with these products
Then I began to prime....Hand brushed both primer and paint because it was too cold to spray paint today
Finally FINISHED PRIMING......uggg
Let the PAINTING BEGIN...my favorite part..... (smiling)
Isn't that beautiful????....but I couldn't stop there....NOOOOOOO
Yes I thought It would be a good idea to make the scroll detail pop....using black paint...MAN did I bite off more then I could chew...this was a seriously long slow process.....uggggg but I proceeded..
when she saw me doing this she was SOLD...this is what SOLD the project...YESSSSSS
FINALLY....SHE WAS DONE....OR WAS SHE????
UMMM....I couldn't stop there....i just couldn't
By the way that scroll work is on both sides....but I completed the job, and my kid is elated so that's all that matters.....so what do you think?
Side views....
OK guys stay tuned as we continue to get this Room complete...its a work in progress but its coming along pretty good.....Next we will be hunting for the perfect comforter set....ect ect....I will keep you posted as we move along....let me know what you think...













No comments: