Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Chit Chatter


Happy Monday guys, It’s the start of a brand new week. As some of us head back to work, or work at home, (It’s all a job) we can sometimes feel like our work is never done. Case in point I am compiling a list of projects that I seriously need to tackle.

I plan on working diligently at getting them completed one after the other. I must admitt, I do have a serious problem though, with being able to stay focused and work on one thing at a time. My mind takes over and I get bombarded with ideas and feel like I have to begin the next project before completing the one I am working on. Thus creating a lot of little unfinished projects.

So with that being said I am also working extra hard on practicing "ONE AT A TIME" I have been this way  ever since I was a child (just all over the place) I’m sure there’s a name for people like me! And believe me it will be a work in progress for sure.

With all the being said. I feel like your home should be a peaceful place that you absolutely love and enjoy, I also feel that it should be a reflection of you and your family. I have been in my home for well over ten years now, 13 going on 14 to be exact. I have decorated and painted the walls many different colors over the years. And it wasn’t so much that I just wanted a change, It was more so because I was so undecided about what I liked or didn’t like. And it just Never Ever felt right.

 There was never a lot of furniture or accessories in any of  the rooms, so it looked sparse and cold, not the warm feeling I was looking for.
Since my recent room redo's i.e.; my daughters room, the guest bedroom, the kitchen ect... I have come full circle so to speak I like the way it makes me feel when I walk into the space, I love the way it looks, whereas before I didn’t have that feeling. She's giving me peace and warmth, and I’m starting to feel like my house is a home now. And I'm falling in love with her all over again.

It feels really comforting knowing that it doesn’t take a whole bunch of money to decorate or redo a room, all you really need is an imagination, time, a little handy side won’t hurt, and some really good thrift stores in your area. And that’s about it. And you can make some "Magic" happen.

So as I conquer each room one by one to make it reflect my family and I and our since of style, I hope that you will continue to follow me on this journey. This blog situation has truly given me an outlet and platform to display all the things I love and work on. Thanks so much for listening guys and being a part of this blog.

Yours Truly,
Sharon

No comments: